When can we expect new Moai 130 Firmware?

The Moai 1.18 firmware still has bugs that haven’t been resolved. I know the latest excitement is around the new Phenom, but we still need to have bugs fixed for the venerable Moai.

Probably the biggest bug that affects my use is the one where I have to format the SD card before each print (deleting old GCODE not sufficient), or else the Moai will print a GCODE file other than that which has been selected at print time. This is unacceptable.

If this firmware is not going to be supported in a timely manner, it should be open-sourced so that the developer community can fix the bugs and add enhancements.

1 Like

I’d like to know whether we’re moving in the direction of 1.19 first or the direction of upgraded main boards first

can you try something? don’t bother reformatting, just always eject the card from the PC, don’t just pull it.
on the Moai Always turn it off when you swap the card in and out. every time. Off pull card, insert card with new data ON.

I never format my card. I add and delete things from it all the time. never have I seen the moai do any of the fantom merged prints or anything…

Plenty of workarounds for this bug to be sure. Still begs the question, why hasn’t there been an update to the firmware in over a year?

sure, that is a thing. they maybe spread thin at the moment with 2 new machines (so far) in the last several months.

Yes they’re definitely spread thin. But they need to understand that repeat customers are the easiest to sell to again, and if you ignore them, they’ll go away. For example I’ve had my finger poised over the “BUY” button for a Phenom since I saw the announcement. You know the only thing stopping me from pushing that button? The buggy MOAI 130 firmware has not been updated since Sept 2018.

1 Like

We certainly understand repeat customers, and we treat each customer, weather it is a customer who purchases a bottle of resin, or enough printers to stock a farm.

We are currently working on an a firmware update and we have certainly heard the issues with the SD card and other requests. We are working on those and hopefully soon we will have an ETA on the scheduled release of the firmware updates

I’m ready for a new controller board that can do on board processing of anti laser distortion calibrations and such as well. :slight_smile: and I want to buy a replacement side panel with an access door in it just like the main door, to eliminate the need to un screw the side every time I want to clean or inspect the inside…
its great that you are making new machines, but these are very customizable, so don’t forget to keep the 130s up to date.

2 Likes

…don’t bother reformatting, just always eject the card from the PC, don’t just pull it.
on the Moai Always turn it off when you swap the card in and out. every time. Off pull card, insert card with new data ON.

Wanted to respond to this directly. I always do those things. Still get the error. For example it just happened a few minutes ago. Half dozen gcode files on the card, did not reformat this time. Wanted to print one file, it printed a different one, and stopped 1/4 way into that file to boot.

Well worth my time to quick-format the card every time, it’s the only way to be sure I’ll actually get the print I intend.

Can we get a calendar date estimate on the expected release date? For example “December 2019” or “Q1 2020” would be preferable to “hopefully soon.”