What is going wrong here

I am printing a model train in scale 1:32 with multiple parts with 2 mm thick wall
But there is something going wrong see picture’s
Slicing with Asura 3d
Printing with standard settings on the Moai
Version SLA-125 V1.18

What is the orientation on the build surface and how is the model supported? Is it hollow and vented? It looks like the model is shifting slightly.

it seems like something went loose during the print, and just to be sure, please also fill in the form below:
Room temperature (best to be >25C):

What type of resin:

Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level)

Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat)

What type Vat: (Peopoly Original vat, Recoated Peopoly vat, custom vat made by user)

Leveling measurement:

A, B, C, D (example 10.9mm)

Firmware version:

System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No)

Laser Power:

Z-reset position:

PM Motor Speed:

Z Follow Speed:

Software used to slice?

If using Asura,what version and profiles

If using Cura, what version and Profiles:

Infill %:

It looks like the opening in side of the model created a weak point and caused the model to buckle during peel/resets. The buckling seems to go to the top arch of the opening. I think you need to include internal supports or possibly thicken the walls.

Thanks for youre respons.

What type of resin: Peopoly Grey
Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level) Standard
Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat)
What type Vat: Peopoly Original vat

Leveling measurement:
A 10.75, B 11, C 10.96, D 11

Firmware version: Version: SLA V1.18

System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No) yes

Laser Power: 58
Z-reset position: 1877
PM Motor Speed: 15
Z Follow Speed: 10

Software used to slice? Asura V2.0
If using Asura,what version and profiles
Infill %: 100

see pictures for how i position the part in Asura

I am experimenting with different positions

First, I would adjust your leveling, the differences in heights may explain the pressures on the model. I would also consider designing in some reinforcement along the walls. A simple X-structure might be sufficient.

Second, are you using a heater? It might help with the curing and make the green resin stronger.

Lastly, changing the orientation may also help. However, the openess of the structure may be its undoing. If you are able to deal with a more involved post processing, printing directly on the plate may be a better choice for these models.

Your support isnt beefy enough. I would use thicker support posts and make sure every corner and overhang is supported regardless of what Asura calculates. Its a tough print and demands special care.
If you are getting support brakages change your base type to individual round bases and make them small enough so the dont overlap much.

there are a few things i would recommend:
1.adjust your leveling( try to be at most 0.1 difference, and best to be about 10.8-10.9)
2.use the circle base instead of the full base
3.from the pictures you provided i think it’s most likely due to shrinkage of the resin after curing. This is just a hollow model right? try to add some structure to the model to prevent shrinkage, i recommend you read this :https://ameralabs.com/blog/3d-design-parts-sla-3d-printing/

slower pm moto speed reduces peel force and may further reduce that type of issue and lead to higher print success rate @Frits

Thanks for al the response and sorry for my late reaction.
I will play with all the suggestions and let you know what the result are.
One other question: The Z reset position is that a option to reduce that a little to reduce the pressure at the build plate?

It take some time because i am out of resin. I have to order new resin in Poland and that take a while.
It is not possible to order it here in The Netherlands.

Thanks again for the suggestions

I know of something else that might help…:wink:

https://forum.peopoly.net/t/project-tripod-1-0/3153/27

My geometric shapes have been coming out beautifully since the upgrade!