Updated leveling process

I finally had a chance to install the new FW 1.16 and re-level the vat using @Apotessar 's excel sheet !. That method worked fast and awesome. got left front and left rear to exactly 10.8 and right rear to 10.74 and right front to 10.86 I believe this is showing the Vat level not being totally planar . these numbers look good to me and the piller test came out awesome. I used my calipers to visualize what 40 microns looks like, seems acceptable tolerance to me .

So, dumb question from a brand spankin’ new Moaite here.

I accidently printed the 4 Moai heads instead of the bolts on my SD card. They turned out great out of the box (literally no leveling adjustments made). On a hunch, I grabbed my calipers and took measurements.

Now, granted, they weren’t numbered so I don’t know which is which:

These are all within the 0.3 tolerance of the bolt looking things. Should I really bother with that step?

stick with the leveling pegs as it is much easier to get accurate measurement and faster to print

Leveling Wiki
http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:leveling

Doesnt matter. Apparently it can be within a mm accordi,zertng to some users. …

yes, it can. but best to be 10.6-10.8 for good adhesion without tearing at PDMS too quickly

Here is a spreadsheet I created to help level and “dial in” the cura settings. I hope it helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_m6CNLJqwrjHEOBTfXPqhnyuXQ-dIcsu

very helpful. PDMS vat has good tolerance so you would be ok as long as it is between 10.6 - 10.8. 10.9mm would work for small prints

the G-code provide for the pillars or posts for the 4 corners, you state it should only take 15 min. But I pretty sure all my settings are at the default settings and I’m getting it printed at 111 layers and over 30 mins. Was the g-code inteanded to be set at .1mm layer resolution vs .05mm?

Can you provide a photo of your settings screens? It helps with verifying your settings. Where did you get the g-code from? The layer resolution was set in the original files. I believe it was 100um, based on the number of layers (the test was actually measuring compression of the base of the posts).

Generally, the posts take less than 30 minutes to print, however changes to peel motor speeds, etc. will change the print time. Also, any printing refinements in the firmware may also have an effect.

top post ^ dated Nov 17’ I will upload pics after test print is done.

the original time estimate was based on older firmware with faster peeling. We have since slow down the layer change steps that lead to even smoother finishes but with longer print time

Ok good to know so I’m not running slow then.