Tolerance on platform and FEB vat bottom

How much tolerance is acceptable when I push the building plat firmly down?
How much tolerance is acceptable when I push firmly in the middle of the bottom of the FEB vat?

I don’t think you need to push down hard just get it to where it makes contact. I have replaced a few times.

put a piece of paper underneath each corner
it is acceptable if the paper does not move when the build plate is lowered

@peopolysupport That is not what I mean. When the platform is all the way up (not in vat). When I push it down firmly, how much movement is allowed on the front side? See image.

@Sandman5000 Please clearify. I do not fully understand.

@peopolysupport How much movement is acceptable when I push firmly in the middle of the bottom of the FEB vat? See image.

If you push the vat itself it should not move much unless you are pushing to hard or something is loose. The vat tilts to peel the model from the fep. If your vat is moving or loose when you push down the vat itself might be loose underneath. If that is the case you would need to look for what has come loose.

Looking at this photo if the front of the build plate id moving either the screws are not tight on the sides of the build plate or something at the top of the z axis screw drive at the back of the machine is loose. The build plate should not move up and down at all when the screws are tight on the sides. Review the build plate leveling steps.

I’m talking about the tolerance when all screw are properly tightened. There is always a bit of movement. This is important for accuracy and print quality. Only @peopolysupport can tell how much tolerance is acceptable.

Same thing for the FEP vat. There is always some flexibility in the bottom but again only @peopolysupport can tell how much tolerance is acceptable.

@Alex there should be no movement on the build plate, at least to the point that you can’t feel that it’s moving
for the vat, the only movement is the tilt motion, any other sideways movement would need a check

@peopolysupport I can press the build plate 1 mm down at the end of the arm. I’ve checked to make sure everything was tightened. The movement comes from purely from bending of the arm itself.

Regarding the vat I’m not talking about sideways movement but a vertical movement in the center of the vat. What is the maximum allowed for good printing.