Streak perpendicular and deformed

Hello everyone,
I’m new, I received my MOAI last week.
After having done the hardware calibration I realized the advanced calibration as well as the software correction.
Today I have a problem of inclination of my 3D printing towards the door while having the height (Z) good. 11.9mm round for 12mm.
But the most strange thing is that on the height of my piece, there are some regular streaks. These streaks are at regular intervals and sometimes in hollow and sometimes in bump.
here are some photos.
Looking forward to your help regarding these two topics:

can I see the mesh geometry?

Sorry to hear your issue, here is a survey we use to help us get as much info as we can from user so that we could provide best solution. Even if you might have provide some info already, please answer the question for the completeness.

support question:

Room temperature (best to be >25C):

What type of resin:

Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level)

Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat)

What type Vat: (Peopoly Original vat, Recoated Peopoly vat, custom vat made by user)

Leveling measurement:

A, B, C, D (example 10.9mm)

Firmware version:

System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No)

Laser Power:

Z-reset position:

PM Motor Speed:

Z Follow Speed:

Software used to slice?

If using Asura,what version and profiles

If using Cura, what version and Profiles:

Infill %:

this is a similar problem which has been going on for quite a while, maybe you can find some answers:

Hello,
Matt3o you will find the picture of the geometry mesh at the bottom of post :slight_smile:

Here are the answers to the questions above:
-Room temperature: between 25/33
-Type of resin: Peopoly model resin
-Build plate type: Easy-to-Level Build Plate for Moai
-Vat: FEP film Vat for Moai
-What type Vat: Peopoly Original vat
-Leveling measurement: A=11.20mm, B=11.24mm, C=11.35mm and D=11.40mm
-Firmware version: SLA-125 V1.18
-System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation: no and yes because after reading the answers of the support peopoly on the forum, I adjusted according to my machine. as you can see after.
-Laser Power: 55
-Z-reset position: 1816
-PM Motor Speed: 8
-Z Follow Speed: 10
-Software used to slice: Meshmixer
-Asura version and profiles: Asura 2.11 and peopoly MOAI 100microns 35 profile with first step distortion calibration
-Cura version and Profiles: Unfortunately, I can not use Cura because it has no distortion correction
-Infill %: Asura’s.

Thank you for your help.

I’d need to see the wireframe, but from the pic above it seems fine to be honest.

I dont think leveling is the issue… but you should get your leveling posts between 10.8 and 10.95 for the fep vat.

At 11.X you will have problems with larger pieces.

This is the profile picture seen from above.
I will adjust the height of the studs below 11,00mm, thank you for the info :slight_smile:

It is possible that striations perpendicular to the tank come from possible electromagnetic interferences.
When I assembled the printer, I diligently tidy the electrical cables between them with collars.
After reading this post I tidy the cables differently.
I do not have an impression at the moment.
I am waiting for a return on the configuration of my settings :slight_smile:

Do you have any idea about deviation of the provil on the Z axis?
I have another question, when the tank tilts, a sound of shelling sounds. Is it normal to hear a sound or do not you need it at all?

Mesh%20geometry%2002

try to adjust them to 11mm or a little bit less, as @Leonardo said.

it’s normal if you hear the pealing sound
and try Asura instead of Meshmixer

Hello,
I am back with a suitable plot height:
A = 10.75
B = 10.77
C = 10.71
D = 10.70
All done at a temperature of 35 degrees Celsius. (thermometer in the printing chamber)
The studs are oval because not corrected by Asura. The G code is directly retrieved from the SD card file that came with the printer. (I have already done the advanced calibration and will focus on ovalization later)
I have a problem of inclination along the Z axis.
Could you tell me how to solve the problem of inclination following Z?
Thanks for your help.

35 C is way too high, 25-26C is recommended.

i don’t really get what you mean, more pictures of the problem will help

Hello,
I thought the temperature range is between 27 and 35 degrees. The heating (here) you offer has the same operating range.
1- I am attaching photos concerning the inclination along the Z axis. A photo of the corner blocks and for the second I refer you to the very first photo of my post.
2- Could you give me all the reasons that can make the pieces bent. And I will look point by point until my pieces are perfectly perpendicular?
3- Could you also tell me where to download the file of the blocks A, B, C and D so that I can apply the deviation correction with Asura?
4- Could you tell me how to reduce the speed of the tray when it first descends into the resin tray? Because this one enters too much in the resin.

Thank you.

the temperature generated by the heater can reach 35C because the out side temperature can reduce it, but if the temperature inside the build chamber is 35C, it’s not good.

http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:leveling&s[]=leveling

reduce the Z initial speed

all i can say right now is due to the temperature and shaking, prints can be not strait when the vat is not secured or the Moai is shaken during print, you can also check on the interferences here:http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:interference&s[]=interference

I am having the same issue, my corner test cylinders come out skewed. Is it really a deviation issue that can be solved with software and not hardware?

it’s usually due to shaking, slicing and users try to adjust the galvos, the hard ware are carefully protected during shipment so it’s not likely to be the cause

I will jump here a bit.

based on the answers to the survey and your settings:

1. I see you are printing quite hot and at reduced laser power. This should not affect much but try to stick with 57-58 for Peopoly Model resin

You x/y deviation are very off the stand value. It is NOT a value that normally needed to be adjusted and when you do, it is only a small amount. I recommend you reset back to firmware default.

recenter your laser and calibrate with this method:
Advance Moai calibration guide:

of your answers
3. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VBnOCp5I4LInKH4OmXsHaEOiNDRB2He6

have you made custom calibration yet? if not, you need to fix that deviation I mentioned above. It is also talked about in the Asura guide: http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:asura

1. the initial speed of it dropping into the resin vat is not adjustable at this time and I don’t think it is affecting your print.