Strange printing artifacts? Advice?

I printed a large (4.5"x2.5"x2") enclosure in Peopoly Next Grey at 100um. It turned out pretty well but there are some artifacts that are puzzling. I printed it straight on the build plate (no supports) and all 4 corners are torn/flaky – they were like this before I even touched the print (see the first picture). In the second picture you can see a raised band in the middle of the side that should be perfectly flat. This corresponds to features on the inside of the enclosure. Any idea why this happened? I don’t think it’s suction since I used lots of vent holes… Also, notice the vertical lines on that side – these are perpendicular to layer lines so what are they? Thanks!

0 Likes

Sorry to hear your issue, here is a survey we use to help us get as much info as we can from user so that we could provide best solution. Even if you might have provide some info already, please answer the question for the completeness.

support question:

Room temperature (best to be >25C):

What type of resin:

Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level)

Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat)

What type Vat: (Peopoly Original vat, Recoated Peopoly vat, custom vat made by user)

Leveling measurement:

A, B, C, D (example 10.9mm)

Firmware version:

System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No)

Laser Power:

Z-reset position:

PM Motor Speed:

Z Follow Speed:

Software used to slice?

If using Asura,what version and profiles

If using Cura, what version and Profiles:

Infill %:

1 Like

Here’s the side view:
SideArtifacts

0 Likes

the pictures can only give us the problem, to get to the solution we need more information than that, fill in the form above will have this a lot faster
also, do you have a heater installed? can you upload pictures of the model in Asura?

0 Likes