Siraya blu large prints

so i can print using this resin on FEP Vat but supports fail on the left side where theres less peel force. leveling is within 10.4-10.7 on each corner peg. using heater with 35c in side. pm motor speed is 7 only the middle and right side print well but not anything passed the left side in the middle. ive lowered the plate about .1-.2 and just one side of the supports print but still having failures. any idea what i can do to get this going on large prints using the entire plate?

0 Likes

can you post a screenshot of the item in cura/asura? I’d like to see the orientation and support distribution. what support size are you using?

0 Likes

it’s weird that your print is partially failed,
i’m curious about your previous print because 10.4-10.7 is a bit extreme
for now i can only assume that something is wrong while the g-code is generated.
slice and try again, see what happens
Also, what is the laser power and the slicer you used?

0 Likes

id love to but its a customer’s private print so i cant show the model. BUT its at a 20° angle as its a large print and the supports are custom from Chitubox that another moai user shared and does great. ive done good prints with small to medium parts but large fails when it prints on the side of where there is less peel force. i think it has to do with the resin and how well it sticks to the fep film. it makes alot of noise when peeling and i have a suspicion that its not peeling well on that side no matter what i do. Nex resin has no issues and currently printing the model and sticking to the plate

0 Likes

Cura to slice, as for this resin you need 85% infill to make it print successfully. 52 laser power.i have printed small figures with this resin but wanted to try larger prints and thats where i have the issues. the part of the vat that has the least amount of peel force is where it constantly fails. to be sure ive resliced several times and the same spot dont print but i beleive i may have found the issue, the resin really sticks to the fep more then usual. the peel force is pretty strong with this resin. i swapped over to Nex resin to make sure it wasnt a leveling or vat issue and so far its printing with no issues.

0 Likes