Show Us Your Bits

Finally finished all of the parts and started cleanup of my latest design - a model of Frank Kelly Freas’ robot used on the cover of Queen’s News of the World album. Everything was printed on the Moai except for the base, which I did on my CR-10.

The detail on the tiny Brian May and Freddy Mercury figures was stunning! I thought I was crazy for putting so much detail into them, but you can even see their fingers!

Just a bit more sanding, and it should be ready to prime.

Hey all!
Our new business Mute City 3D has recently finished printed and fully painted model for Critical Role. We debuted the model at Gallery Nucleus in Los Angeles, CA.

We collaborated with a few others on producing the model. It was fully printed at various resolutions on the Moai.

We used the Peopoly Grey resin(not hi-temp), FEP Vat, and self leveling build plate.
I rigged an incubator heater(33ºc) in the top chamber mounted to magnets.

The client asked me to scale up my styracosaur bust, so I re-engineered the model a bit. The main part just barely fit in the build volume, but everything came out perfectly in the Moai. I really liked the white resin too. I may make it my “go to” color from now on.

Dragon%20Wings%20neck%20head