Reducing Peel Force FEP

I have been printing on my Moai for almost two years. I recently switched to the FEP vat from PDMS. Most of my prints are failing due to peel force. I started with the standard FEP settings, but changed the PM initial Speed from 12 to 10 and PM Reset Position from 60 to 40. I’m still getting fails where the models are being pulled off the supports. Models that printed just fine with PDMS are now failing with FEP. The printer is in the same spot and climate controlled temp (76F / 24.4C).

Are there other settings that can be changed to reduce the peel force. Will changing the PM Reset to a lower number help?

ETA: I’m using the same formula of resin (30% NEX Clear / 70% Grey Peopoly); Models were sliced using Asura with Moai 130 60um or Moai 130 40um and Moai 100 calibration.

for FEP vat, PM reset position should be 60 or above in order to have a clean peel from the film
Try not to use mixed resin before you have success on FEP
Also try to re-level with different z reset position, the range is usually 1816-1820

How does the PM reset position affect the peel force?

The FEP film will stick to the model and got lifted up, which it was meant to
If the PM reset is too small the film will remain stick and your model will loose a layer, then the whole model fails

So, is there an upper limit I should consider? Should I stick with 60 or would a higher number reduce the peel force? Does the FEP have more peel force than PDMS?

I will re-level, retest and use base resin to get it going correctly.

60 is good enough, more will just increase the print time

No, but it does not handle peel force well like the PDMS