Problems printing with Tough

I am new to the forum and to SLA printing, but have had good success so far with standard Peopoly clear model resin. I adjusted my settings and tried to run Tough several times with no luck.

The first attempt yielded a thin layer of adhesion to the build plate, followed by the rest of the part curing in the vat.

I added more, thicker supports and upped the laser power by 1, to 54. This yielded more adhesion and it actually resembled a part, though still a big failure. See pictures for details of part and setup. I’m using the easy-level plate, the FEP vat and the Moai heater. I also let the chamber heat for about 30 minutes before beginning the print.

Failed%20Print
Basic%20Settings
Advanced%20Settings

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Adding to this thread, image of part with supports in Chitubox and support generation settings:

Support%20Image
Support%20Settings

for FEP the z reset should be at least from 1817 to 1820 or more, personally i set mine to be 1822

When I print normal clear resin, I don’t have an issue with adhesion at this level. Do you think the resin type would make a difference? Also, easy level plate make a difference? I notice that at these settings, the build plate comes into the vat and visibly pushes it down. Is that OK to go even deeper?

different resin types does makes a difference, although ez-plate doesn’t have effect with resin type.
you can increase the z-reset for 1-2 at a time and test with the DIY-test file, the difference here is how the z-reset affects the peel motion