Prints failing on the left side

Hello all,
I have a problem in that my prints are failing on the left side of the FEP vat. When I say left side, I mean
on the low side of the tilt.
Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes

this could be some problem with the gcode, can you slice it again and print? what software did you use?

0 Likes

I used Asura. I did have trouble getting it to start a print. thought it was the file name. Just tried it
again, and it failed the same way. I will Slice it again, and try it again. Thanks.

0 Likes

Ok, I sliced it again using Cura, made sure the build plate was level, and previewed the file.
It still failed on the left side. Not sure what is happening but seems to be with the resin tray tilt.
Z moto speed 2
PM moto speed 12
PM reset 40
Z follows 2
Z Initial Speed 2
PM Initial Speed 10
?

0 Likes

if you are using siraya BLU make sure the infil is 85% and lower your laser power by 1 or 2, the laser will overcure BLU since its more powerful and using a bit less power may solve your issue.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks for the info. Yes, it is Siraya Blu. The laser power is 51 at the moment, so I will lower
it to 48 and try that.
I also found that my resin vat has about 0.20" of up and down play on the left side.The right side is tight… I fixed it with a sheet of 0.20" metal, so I think with what you said and the repair, it should be fixed.
Thanks again.

0 Likes

If you continue to have this issue, take a look at the guide I just posted [For Beginners] Starting from Scratch: AKA How I Learned to Stop Hating my Moai

Based on your images of the failed prints, you’re having the exact same issue that lead me to frustration and restarting from scratch, and ultimately to writing the guide.

0 Likes

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes