Printing without supports

This happens when I try to print without supports.
it is normal?

0 Likes

Photo is pretty bad… can you get some better shots?

Also, can you shows us a few screenshots of how you sliced the files?

0 Likes

Hello Leonardo
in the print that has the arrows is printed directly on the platform, and the one that does not have the arrows has supports, the one that has supports is fine but if I try to print without supports ( whit the piece direct in the plate) the resin is protruding from the real form.
I sliced the file in asura 60um

0 Likes

Is possible this happens because for the Z axis height is incorrect?

0 Likes

If you are printing on pdms, the first layers are usually compressed and get foot elefant like form. This is somehow normal as the pdms layer is soft and can be compressed by the building plate. If you print on fep than maybe there is too much pressure from the building plate on the vat. Try to review the bed leveling. This may solve a bit your problem. Nevertheless, there will be always some kind of offset material around the base in contact with the building plate for the first layer when you print directly on it. Otherwise the first layer may not stick to the building plate if you set it to high. You may also review the 3D object’s form at the contact with the building plate to prevent it from offsetting, but it’s not the best solution.

1 Like

Thanks Raoul
more clear impossible :smirk::+1:

0 Likes

Well… What Raoul said xD

0 Likes

Sorry for my english…

0 Likes