Printing One item works, but multiple at once fail

Having a new issue. When I print one item at a time, the printer does a nice job. When I print a few items at once it all fails. A pancake on the build plate and a pancake on the vat.

Any ideas? Objects I am printing are small; (rings for jewellery)

Are these individual items or do they share a common base? A picture would be helpful… This is castable resin for jewelry?

individual items. I didn’t take a picture, but they were a bunch of rectangular shapes, some on the build plate, and some in the vat. For every one in the vat, there was the identical on on the build plate.
This was the photocentric castable.

I have not used castables, but the possibility is that the larger number of models may be increasing the separation force, which is breaking them. My understanding is that castable resins are softer than other resins, at least in the green state. You might try dialing back the peel motor value and increasing z-follow.

Interesting. I’ll give that a shot. Thank you very much.

Sorry to hear your issue, here is a survey we use to help us get as much info as we can from user so that we could provide best solution. Even if you might have provide some info already, please answer the question for the completeness.

support question:

Room temperature (best to be >25C):

What type of resin:

Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level)

Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat)

What type Vat: (Peopoly Original vat, Recoated Peopoly vat, custom vat made by user)

Leveling measurement:

A, B, C, D (example 10.9mm)

Firmware version:

System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No)

Laser Power:

Z-reset position:

PM Motor Speed:

Z Follow Speed:

Software used to slice?

If using Asura,what version and profiles

If using Cura, what version and Profiles:

Infill %:

This is true with both Makerjuice Waxcast and Photocentric UV castable

I am using the Peopoly heater,
Resins as above
Build plate is easy-to-level
Vat is both the FEP and PDMS - I’ve tried both with the same issues
I have not checked the leveling recently, but I have had no leveling problems yet. I have had amazing success with the Peopoly resin.
Firmware is 1.18
All settings are stock
Laser is usually at 59- seems where the magic happens.
Using Asura/cura back and forth between them. Mostly just Asura.
Using the newest versions of Cura and Asura, I’ve tried mostly Cura moai 100-60-20um settings
Not sure what infill % is

Hope this can be useful!

can you provide pictures of Cura/Asura slice?
with the amount of information now i can just assume it’s the peeling force

Could you give me an example of what the picture I need to send looks like?

it’s just a screenshot of the model in Cura and/or Asura
place them exactly how you did with your previous multiple prints

Some new info:

I decided that I would give the build plate a really nice sanding and when I did, I brought it to a really flat surface and really worked it. Doing so I noticed that the build plate had a serious hollow in the center; it wasn’t flat. probably 0.2-0.3 sunken in compared to the outer edges.

Trying a new print and will report back.

for wax resins,

you can increase infill % fro 70% to 85% to increase print strength for higher success rate

support is on the small side.
and you can slow down the pm motor reduced to increase print success rate and reduces

here is a print guide for tough resin, besides the laser power, everything else is quite relevent for printing Wax resins:
http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:toughresin

give it a shot and see how it works out for you

Updating my settings to the new FEP vat suggested settings worked as well as sanding the build plate with 80grit. Turns out the build plate was not a flat surface to begin with.