PHENOM TEST PRINT after replacing the LCD screen

I’m not sure if this should be in Printing Advice but as I have just replaced the LCD it may be Hardware.

My replacement LCD eventually arrived and I fitted it this morning, no problems. The exposure test was good. I made everything was clean and dust free through the procedure.
My test print was of 15 small toolboxes I have successfully printed on the Phenom previously and have also printed on my Mars Pro and Anycubic Mono X with no problems.
I have included photos of the build plate after the print and also of the printed parts after removing them from the plate and after cleaning and curing. The top 3 toolboxes are upside-down.

I’m not sure there is a problem with the new LCD which is why I am making this post. I would appreciate your opinion on my test result.

Cheers
Tom

Forgot to say, the resin is Siraya Tech Fast and I fitted a new FEP to the vat.

1 Like

Judging from the printed model, there is no problem with the screen. If you want to confirm further, you can use the exposure calibration test

I have continued using the Phenom first testing with Siraya Tech Fast then using Elegoo Water Washable.
The Siraya Tech prints well with the above settings. Using the Elegoo I change the Bottom Layer time to 60 seconds.
The football print is in the Siraya Tech, 2 fails out of a plate of over 100 is OK.
The Holdall Bag print in Elegoo Water Washable had a high fail rate so I changed the FEP making sure it was tighter and re-levelled the plate as the fails were kind of to one side.
So now with a level plate and a tight FEP I tried 39 Toolboxes centred on the plate, the 1 in the centre of the plate failed and stuck to the FEP (using the Elegoo Water Washable with a revised Bottom Exposure of 65 seconds. The parts were difficult to remove from the plate requiring a sharp scraper, I can usually use a plastic scraper to remove the parts.
I have some PTFE spray so will try it on the FEP before running a print tomorrow, hopefully that should work. If it does I will try dialling back the Bottom Layer time, 60 seconds allows the parts to be removed from the plate much more easily.
One of the Toolboxes is misprinted badly though I can fill it so it can still be used. I don’t understand why it has failed in this way.
The Toolboxes and the Holdall Bags are solid and printed direct on the plate.

I again tried running a print this time after coating the FEP with PTFE spray. I rubbed it around the FEP with a lint free cloth to leave a thin film.
I strategically placed the parts on the build plate so nothing was in the centre and ran the print using Elegoo Water Washable with a bottom exposure of 62 seconds. Two of the parts stuck to the FEP the rest printed fine but as this part is bigger than the holdall model they were very difficult to remove from the build plate.
So I am unsure of exactly why the centre parts are sticking to the FEP whilst the remainder bond very well with the build plate. On the base layer of a couple of the parts there are what would be bubbles at the time of printing.
My guess is that there is not sufficient contact between the FEP and the build plate in the centre as the parts around the perimeter are more difficult to remove from the build plate and the parts in the centre stick to the FEP or have bubbles on the base layer.
So my question is how would the FEP film tension affect this? Would too tight cause this or would to slack cause this?
I live in the UK and would like to purchase a Flexplate for the Phenom but I can not find any here or in Europe, could you possibly help me find one in the US?

I have printed successfully using the Elegoo Water Washable resin on the Phenom before replacing the LCD so don’t understand why it is not working now.
I have an Anycubic Mono X and a Creality LD-006 which are both printing fine withe the Elegoo resin with no adjustment necessary to the settings.
I have finished my accessory print runs and do not need to start printing the camper vans for a couple of weeks so I have time to experiment to try to get the Phenom printing well.

Tom

20210522_092802

I have just run a print test 17cm x 8cm x 1.0mm to try to see what is happening in the centre of the plate, here are my results. That is an small area of uncured resin in the middle of the print.

Tom

I have managed to find a Flexplate for the Phemon, should have it by mid June.

Sand the platform with fine sandpaper, or replace it with a new one

Do you mean the LCD screen or the build plate?

TomAlex

I have a spare build plate so will run the same test in the morning.

Test results are good but the print is thicker in the middle as if there is a dip in the screen assuming the new build plate is flat.
I was waiting to get a Flexplate to use with the new build plate before using the new build plate so the Flexplate had the factory finish surface to adhere the magnetic pad to. However the test print only needed a little lift on a corner with a plastic scraper so there is no damage to the build plate.

TomAlex

20210528_075628|1024x575

To print a full-page model, it is normal to print the thick dots in the middle without adding a support frame. It is generally required to add support for printing to avoid this situation.