Phenom print fail

Ive been printing with the Phenom for a little while now. Most my prints turn out great. But some times with the same settings it will fail in the same way. But not the whole thing, like this one there where other parts on the build plate that turned out just fine, but just this part did this.

Im using Peopoly’s Daft resin. And these are my settings. 30%20PM And I have Anti-aliasing on 8.

It is recommended not to use the anti-aliasing function, and not to print less than 0.05 layer height
The short answer is don’t print layer height 25um on MSLA printers and not just larger ones like Phenom. Stick with 50um. It is the best combination for resolution, speed, and print success rate.

The longer answer is that the 25um is the layer height and is a lousy indicator for resolution. Layer height affects o resolution on Z-axis but could have adverse effects on x/y resolution, which is determined by resin and panel. By printing at 25um, the effect of crosscuring (UV light curing previous layers while printing current layer) is much higher than at 50um, and that lowers x/y resolution. Also, your print time is increased by at least 70% as the exposure time does not reduce linearly with the reduction in the layer height. It is often a loss/loss proposition. Additionally, many resins do not resolve well under 30um, so you are unlikely to gain anything there. There is a reason why we only showed a 50um profile.

Some pros do make 70um or 80um profiles to speed up printing without losing much on z-resolution.

And your exposure time for initial layers is likely way off for 25um (too much time).

Okay thanks. That is very helpful info. I did a print with the recommended settings and it turned out great. So I tried a second one and it did the same thing but not as bad.

It seems to be happening at around the same level. I’m wondering if maybe there is something fiscally wrong with the machine?
P.S. Why do you not recommend Anti-aliasing?

1. When printing, it is recommended that the model be raised to add support and printed at an oblique angle. Check whether the fixing screws on both sides of the resin tank are tightened? Is the platform handle tightened? Check whether the Z axis is loose?
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zSjTjbgHlOKpgI2y-udVOpkONY-mZULCuF1YyyBEApk/edit?usp=sharing
  2. Adding anti-aliasing will generate a lot of data, and it is not obvious to improve the sawtooth of the printed model.