So let me see did I get this right…
- Noir has bigger stepper motor installed => bigger motor driver was installed + cooling for this
- Noir panel needs new interface pcb so old Phenom wouldn’t work
- Phenom old had 2 high power fans have been replaed in Noir with 3x180mm high power fans on 2 sides? and one 120mm fan at center back to feed new air?
So simplified following procedures would be needed to make old phenom Noir:
- Cutting new fan placement to sides with grills to fit the large 3 fan setup
- Adding external stepper driver + bigger stepper motor for Z-axis
- Making new base plate for monochrome LCD
- New control board for monochrome LCD
And now if we summarize buying 1x Noir Case frame 1x Noir monochrome LCD 1x Noir control pcb are pretty much only things needed to make it DIY upgrade… Because stepper motors, stepper drivers and high power EBMPAPST fans are easily acquired locally…
Few things what would make this really reasonable assuming Old Phenom VAT which is smaller so it’s weight pretty much all lies on the Noir LCD panel so this is probably only or biggest problem…
But if this could be solved then if you accept smaller print size by using Old Phenom VAT is by adding movable brackets depending which VAT is in use to the Noir’s frame. (Mount brackets here for original Noir VAT or Use these 2nd placement if you use Phenom VAT)
2nd thing would be add external stepper drive pins (Enable,Step,Dir) to the control PCB so you could just add high quality external stepper driver to machine which would remove one heat source from inside too…
Ps. Have you tested does new fan setup increase old phenom LCD durability/hours?