Phenom L - Giant Holes

I’ve had a Phenom L for awhile and I am just about ready to move on to be honest.

I finally got it up and running for a very short time and it’s back to acting up.

I’ve been getting 3/4 of my prints to be perfect and the other 1/4 to have massive holes and not even really build the entire side at all.

I read from Peopoly that exposure time may need to be upped from the normal 12 to 14-16 because the back of the plate does not get as much light exposure. I did get better results by doing this, but it did not solve the problem.

Can anyone please advise on this issue?

Sorry to hear about your printing problem. The most effective way to provide you with the best answer is to get as much information as possible from you.
The information we need from you:

order number
Where you are
Machine serial number (at the switch position in the lower right corner of the device)
Question survey information This is a support survey and covers factors that affect all key factors. Some may be answered, while others seem to be irrelevant to the question at hand. Please answer as completely as possible:

You can download it as a Word file and put the answer in

It looks like you screen may be developing dead spots on it. I had the same thing happen to me and once I replaced the screen it worked fine for a while. This printer seems to have some issues with it that Matterhackers and Peopoly don’t want to admit too.

1 Like

I bought a new build plate and just did the FEP. I’ve spent HOURS getting this machine to operate properly and wasted bottles of resin. I’ve used (5) other kinds of resin printers and I have NEVER had this much issue for this long. I agree that this machine has some significant issues that need to be addressed. To be honest, I’m already set on getting rid of this machine for something different.

hi, the screen is a consumable, it will slowly decline as the use time increases. Once the decline occurs, the screen needs to be replaced. If you receive a new screen with quality problems, Matterhackers and Peopoly will take care of you. LCD light-curing printing has some requirements for the model. The wall thickness of the model should not be too thin (for peopoly equipment, it is required to be 2.5mm or more), hollow The model printing needs to add drainage holes to reduce the tension. Model printing failures are mostly related to resin type, model printing angle, printing parameter settings, printing experience, etc.

hi, please fill in the questionnaire as much as possible, and it is best to reply by email so that peopoly can help you in time. Judging from the picture, it should be that the drawing force is too large when the model is printed, which causes the model to be broken.
You can go to the technical support of chitubox official website, it should be helpful