I need help determining the cause of my failed prints.
Here’s a list of facts that might help with debugging:
- I am using Elegoo’s ABS-like resin
- This happens with both the transparent red and gray
- Have zero’ed the build plate multiple times using the standard thickness of a sheet of paper
- Tried placing the zero 0.2mm higher in case the plate was pushing too hard on the screen
- Tried placing the zero 0.2 lower in case the plate was too far from the screen
- Leveled the build plate, and even replaced the FEP sheet to no avail
- I use a PTFE lubricant on the FEP to reduce the force needed to pull layers off the FEP
- I have full confidence in my support settings because I use the same setting on a different SLA printer
- I have used a wide range of print settings (starting with known settings for this resin that work on another printer)
- Sometimes prints less than 2in in height print perfectly but I still have the strange layer of cured resin spanning the whole screen
- Taller prints are guaranteed to fail because the layer of cured resin gets cured in to the part and the extra suction force rips the part off of the supports
Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated. I have tried to calibrate this machine for over two months and nothing I do seems to work.