Peopoly tough resin heat resistance?

I was oooking around and don’t see any data on what heat Tough resin can handle once cured.

Is there any data on that??

Does anyone know if a part would shrivel or warp, or let off fumes, if it was left in the sun in a car by accident for example?

0 Likes

the HDT is around 65-70C. Any resins with some flexibility is not going to have very high heat resistance at current technology level

0 Likes

Oh, so things may warp and bend in heat like when left or used in a car or the sun?

0 Likes

resin print is probably not the best print to leave outdoor without coat treatment. There is hitemp resin if your car reaches very high temperature. Resin also does not soften like thermoplastics, it breaks down once a temperature threshold is reached

0 Likes

My question is more about parts on Props, and what could happen if a painted part got left in a HOT location.

0 Likes

it get softer but unlike thermoplastic it does not melt. you just have to run some test with your paint. for props that is just visual, there is hitemp reisn for that (Nex)

0 Likes

Are any resins able to hold up inside a silicone mold being vulcanized?

0 Likes

Yeah, need to find the balance between impact and heat resistant.
What about a mix of Nex and tough?
And what’s different from Nex and the previous High Temp?

Sandman5000
I believe Nex (high temp) is good for that? But others may be fine as well?? Good question though.

0 Likes

Nex flesh and grey is same as hitemp version. It is just an updated name. Nex Clear is slightly softer.

You can make your own recipe but I think 4:1 nex:tough should give you nice color, strength and heat resistance

0 Likes

4 parts Nex to 1 part Tough, sounds good.
would that be by volume or wight?? does it matter?

0 Likes