New to Moai 200

Hey,

Just got the new 200.
Tried to print several models in the last few days.

I have most failures came from model stuck on the vat. Is there a way to solve this peeling issue?

0 Likes

Sorry to hear your issue, here is a survey we use to help us get as much info as we can from user so that we could provide best solution. Even if you might have provide some info already, please answer the question for the completeness.

support question:

Room temperature (best to be >25C):

What type of resin:

Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level)

Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat)

What type Vat: (Peopoly Original vat, Recoated Peopoly vat, custom vat made by user)

Leveling measurement:

A, B, C, D (example 10.9mm)

Firmware version:

System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No)

Laser Power:

Z-reset position:

PM Motor Speed:

Z Follow Speed:

Software used to slice?

If using Asura,what version and profiles

If using Cura, what version and Profiles:

Infill %:

0 Likes

@Ashtreeliu, you are not alone with that!

All my prints, objects with a print area of more than 2 cm², were torn off the supporting structures. The forces needed to pull off the pressure from the FEP film are so great that the peel-motor sheet has bent each time and relaxed with a loud bang. Only when I completely renounced the support structures and printed directly onto the building board did the printing succeed.

What is the reason for the dilemma?
The FEP film rests on the glass plate as stuck on. Thus, the FEP film can not peel off the print object. In principle, the peel motor is almost ineffective. This is the reason for the big tear-offs, which also have a very negative influence on the print result.

It helps a little bit to make the resin hotter so it gets a little smoother and reduces the laser power (less hardening) - Unfortunately this does not solve the problem.

But there is hope: Peopoly is working on an improvement of the vat: pdms on top as tension piece

0 Likes

Thank you.

I did have several prints came out by adding a lot of supports. But the supports density becomes so high that equals to printing the model solid.

I am still trying to adjust the settings to see if it works. I will try to lower the laser power next time. What’s your recommendation for the setting?

Look forward the new vat and I really want to use the full size of the bed.

best,

0 Likes

I am so sorry to say so, but the FEP film on glass may be well planed and stable for a long time, but if the peel forces are too high then you simply will not get high quality prints, if at all.

To expose the resin less helps to reduce the forces, but at what price? The print object is then soft as pudding. How this affects the dimensional stability, everyone can think. It’s like replacing one evil with another.

0 Likes

So what should we do?

0 Likes