MOAI 200 - New printer - galvos don't move

Hi everyone,
I just got my MOAI 200 printer and started the configuration.
I just followed the instructions, but my x-/ y-axis will not move.
I tryed to install a newer firmware, formated the SD-card, checked the folder names, nothing happens.
The LED’s at the bords of the galvos work and the connections appear right if I check the wiring diagram.
Any ideas where the error can be found?

Greetings
J

0 Likes

hmm that is odd, those 200’s are always tested before shipping. wonder if something got damaged or loosened during shipment? was the box damaged or looked like it was kicked around?

0 Likes

Everything was fine, there was an indicator for shockings at the packaging and it was not broken. The only thing I had was a damaged FEP film (scratch) taht I had to replace. The resin leftovers were only found in the VAT, the electronic components are clean.
I don’t know if there is a initiation for the galvos when the printer is switched on, but for my case i can’t see any movement of the galvos during the startup process.
If I compare the config of my printer with the guide, everything looks fine.

Hope the upload of the pics may help.

0 Likes

Galvos can sometimes be locked/jammed during shipment.

However, to clarify: did you attempt to print or perform the circle test? If not, do the circle test first.

After that, contact Peopoly support, they should be able to help you diagnose the issue.

0 Likes

as @Paradoxical_Cat said, the fastest way to check is to run the circle and the cross test, if you can record a video it would be a lot of help

0 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
I followed the instructions in the wiki and started the circle test. The laser switches on, but there is no movement of the laser.
I checked the connections but nothing happens.
I asked at my reseller and he will help me, first we will try it by software, if that won’t help we have to look for hardware problems.
If someone has an idea, just write it down.
Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend.

0 Likes

Here, as requested, the video.
It is taken during the circle test, without any movement.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2il7xnwqyaiued6/VID_20190415_094546.mp4/file

Greetings
J

0 Likes

please send this video and explain the problem to support@peopoly.net
we will work on this via email
in the mean time try to switch the X and Y cables to each other, see if they move at all
the galvo is the most expensive part of the machine so replacement should only be our last solution

0 Likes