Makerjuice waxcast not sticking to buildplate

Hey guys! Been reading the forums alot, and had a good run with Peopoly blue, it’s printing well!
Using FEP vat with the easy-level buildplate.
The problem is that i cant get makerjuice waxcast (i have to mention that this bottle of waxcast i have is pretty old, around 9 months old, but it still solidifies, but doesnt stick to plate) to stick to the buildplate, i releveled the buildplate 2 times already, and had some of the pieces stick but never all of them. The file im trying to print is 5 squares, 1 in the center and 4 on the edges, looks like this:

So after the last releveling i have C D and B sticking, and it was real easy to take em off the plate (compared to blue resin which took a lot of effort to get off the plate :D)
I read about the 80 grit sandpaper around the forum somewhere but still haven’t done it, wouldnt want to damage the buildplate unless it’s absolutely needed.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

does the pieces that doesn’t stick consistent? it’s always A or B,…? or it’s just random?

0 Likes

It’s more or less random. So i went to the shop and got myself sandpaper 100 grit, tried it on the easy level plate and i gotta tell you its somewhat uneven. If you draw a grid with a pencil on it and scrub the plate against a flat surface with sandpaper on it, the pencil grid in the center stays longer than the one on edges. So i’ve rubbed it quite extensively and now 4 pieces stick to the plate ( i still didnt reach the center). Will continue tomorrow to see if i can make it totally flat all around

0 Likes

Have an update! So i ordered a new Funtodo castable resin and it sticks to the plate absolutely fine and everything seems to be in perfect order. I hope it casts well, or at least better than waxcast cos what i have been able to grow from waxcast casted like crap. Maybe waxcast is just old, even though why would it go bad over 9-10 months being in a black closed bottle that it came in? OH well

1 Like