Is the new firmware update for the NOIR is safe/good for use?

G-d willing

Hello,
I would like to install the newest version of ChituBox and it is indicating that it is using the new TSMC and Resting Time features, for faster and better printouts.
However, for that, it asks to download a firmware update for the printer.
I would like to ask if someone already tried it, and, from your experience, is it safe to install it?

Thanks,
Avraham

Im using it just fine. The distance it travels before it flips to retract speed is waaaaay short so be prepared for that since with a large cross section print this can put a lot of pressure on the FEP. But the really great thing is you now have dwell time before the light comes on in an easier to access place so you can add a second of off time and have way less hydrostatic pressure issues on solid prints.

G-d willing

Thanks @pegrmd for your quick response.
I just read about some printers that stopped working after the firmware update and that scares me a lot.
You said: “this can put a lot of pressure on the FEP” I didn’t understand how is that related to the new feature. By the way, how much time do these new features saves in time?

Thanks,
Avraham

It would scare me too! But the update was easy and not confusing, you’ll be fine.

Pressure on the FEP: After the update my build plate changed how it moved. If the lift distance is 10mm instead of moving up the entire 10mm at the slow lift speed it now only moves the first 1mm at slow speed and then kicks into retract speed for the remaining 9mm. If your FEP is loose then the part will not have released when it moves into the high speed step.

I dont know how much time these save. I print slow on purpose to minimize finishing time.