Help me with calibration

Hi I need some help with the calibration of the Moai, ever since I got the printer (september2018) I’m unable to get it leveled properly. When I print the testfile (the corner pillars a,b,c,d) I cant get corner a leveled properly, all the other pillars are 10,75 mm when i measure them but piller A is either not printing or it prints but it gets to short. There is a flattened circle at both the build platform and at the bottom of the reservoir.
I’m using the FEP vat.

Please help me I have this printer for over half a year but havent been able to get a single proper print out of it.

Kind regards

1 Like

Can you post photos or your settings, or at least copy every setting on you Moai here for people to look at?

0 Likes

My settings:

0 Likes

Advanced settings:

0 Likes

This is what ends up on my buildplate

0 Likes

set the PM motor speed to 10, FEP vat is not good when it comes to high peeling force

0 Likes

Hi thanks for the quick response, so I set the PM motor speed down to 10 it did print the pilar in the A corner but it was 11mm. when I screw it (half a turn to drop it 0.3mm) to match b,c and d which all are 10,7 it gives me the same result as in the earlier posted picture. Is this a proces where I reduce the PM motor speed even more and try to match it to the other pillars? (I am trying this right now) or is there an other issue i can/should resolve?

0 Likes

is the problem still happens even with lower PM motor speed?

0 Likes

Check there are no problems with your vat. If you keep failing in the corner, presumably you have to keep scraping off an error which might have damaged the layer.

0 Likes

Heey I checked for layer damage but there doesn’t seem to be anything there the first picture is the failing corner and the second is a printing corner both seem fine. I thought I had pillar c at the correct height (at one point i know for sure i did) but as of right know it seems to have the same issue, so on my last measure pillar a and c where both 11mm and when i screw them half a turn to drop it 0.3mm they both don’t print. Also i am printing with a PM motor speed of 5. I think I do something wrong but i just cant figure out what.

CornerA

0 Likes

Corner B
To me they seem similar

0 Likes

Also a picture of my buildplate but this one seems normal to me as well.

0 Likes

ok. What about temps? What kind of temperatures are you printing in? if it is too cold it might not be curing properly.

Or is there anything underneath that may be obstructing the laser?

0 Likes

you can check the interference to see if you are missing anything:http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:interference&s[]=interference

0 Likes

Heey I think it was due to temperature, i heated up the room where I was printing and the pillars printed as wel as another print that had failed many times before. Thank you so mutch!

0 Likes

Great to hear!

I know there are mixed reviews on here but I can’t recommend the Peopoly heater enough, works really well for me.

0 Likes

Heey I was just wondering about that, but you don’t recommend but it does work really wel for you can you elaborate a little on that?

0 Likes

JackyBoy does recommend the heater strongly. You just misunderstood his expression “…can’t recommend it enough.” --> means he really recommends it.

1 Like

Aah yes, my apologies. I think it is very good and I do recommend people to buy it!

You have to drill a hole for the cable to come out, but other than that it’s pretty simple and effective!

0 Likes

what is that resin? keep resin temperature > 25C makes everything easier. if it is the black resin, get laser power up to 59

the easiest way to increase adhesion is to increase z-reset.
increase by 2 and see if that helps.

also make sure the plate is absolutely clean

if you are willing to open the side panel, don’t change z-reset and instead do a counterclockwise turn (as if you are looking up to the plate from the bottom of the printer) you will notice that corner of platform rise up a bit if you perform correctly. and run a test.

0 Likes