Heated locker for printer during canadian winters

Hi guys! First post here!

I am currently looking to build myself a isolated enclosure to keep the heat.
I live in Canada and all my printing gear is in the heated garage because of the fumes and in case of a resin mess. That being said the garage temp in winter is between 2 to 10 Celsius plus big temp shift everytime I open up the garage door. I would rather have a 25 to 35 degree enclosure to keep the printers warm when they print.

So here’s what I had in mind:
Wooden structure frame with construction styrofoam pannel probably 3 inch thick with a layer of alumium paper to reflect heat, a powerbar inside with a tiny heater with a thermostat. I would put a fan with filter perhaps even a tube that goes outside for fumes. Led inside lighting and mobile controlled webcam to check print failure while I am at work and potentially a power off wi-fi switch for the powerbar that I can trigger. Last thing a uv curing chamber at the bottom under the printers.

What guys think? Any ideas? I will show drawings soon and 3d model of what I got in mind to get more of your valuable feedback :slight_smile:

thanks!

Seb

sounds like a very cool project. Styroforam is excellent at preserving the heat. The hearer you ordered have should be able to keep the printer chamber warm enough if you put some kind of the box over Moai while you build the rest.

Vaancouverite here.

I went with the Incubator heater method. https://imgur.com/bPFn0CL

I used a 24V 250W heater, but that turned out to be way excessive. The air temp goes from 20C to 30C in just a few seconds. In retrospect I should have gone with a 12V 50W heater. That would have made it easier to supply power too. Total cost was $35, I already had a PSU.

For Curing, I am using a paint can lined with UV LED strip. I am collecting parts to upgrade. The new unit will be based around a 2L borsillicate glass beaker (decent UV transmission) with a cheap immersion heater. The Goal is to have timed cure cycles with the print submerged in water at a specific temp. The motivation for this requirement is the Formlabs high temp resin for low volume injection molding.