Getting Information from Support

I am having a great deal of trouble getting information about the Moai that I am inquiring about. I have asked the questions to the contact@peopoly.net and posted the questions to the forum. The forum tried answering the questions promptly, but just said to contact support. I have emailed support, waited a few weeks, emailed again, waited more, and so on for about a month and a half. I’ve gotten to the point where I’m sending reminders to answer my questions almost twice a week. I would just like my questions answered.

contact@peopoly.net is not the support email. support@peopoly.net is the correct email address for support. I will get them on here for you right now. Please post your issue and I will have them with you momentarily.

Attached are the posts that I have not been able to receive answers about.

Thanks

1 Like

This is the third question I was unable to get answered from support

For the door interlock, I was told that this is something that you offered, but I was unable to find anything on that.

Thanks

1 Like

@rdouglass such information is rather be kept privately, you can get more deep information through support@peopoly.net, but not contact@peopoly.net
please send your email again to support@peopoly.net, if you don’t get any response, you can PM me on the forum, the email might got to our spam box

I have tried to PM you but it says that I am not allowed to do so. I have not been able to get a response from support@peopoly.net either

i will talk with the team and check