Distortion calibration in Asura 2.0

Hi!

Please educate me. Is this how we should make measurements with the moai_calib_1.apc file?

Do we measure from outer to outer wall of the squares or just the distance from each other (inner sides)?

I also wanted to know the correct orientation of X and Y. Sorry for the stupid question, but is the photo below correct?

0 Likes

For the calibration file you need the center-to-center distance of the two cubes. So you need to measure the distance between the outer two walls and the thickness of the two cubes and calculate the center-to-center distance from that.

Your second picture with the axes is wrong. X axis goes from bottom left corner in your picture to top left corner (Post A to post B), Y axis goes from bottom left corner to bottom right corner ( Post A to Post C).

0 Likes

Squeeze the jaws lightly against one of the square pegs and while continuing to hold it there, press the zero button. Now measure across the outside of two pegs as you have shown in the photo. The reading will be the center-center distance of the pegs if the squares have the same dimensions.

If you want absolute precision, repeat while using the other peg as a zero reference and calculate the average of the two measurements. This will adjust for differences in the pegs.

1 Like

In Asura 2.1, we will use an updated algorithm to give more points to calibrate. will folow up soon

0 Likes

Any updates with the new calibration method for asura 2.1?

0 Likes

not yet. give us a bit time. we expect to get it out this weekend.

0 Likes

@peopoly Any updates on this new calibration method?

0 Likes

it is now 2.2.1 http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:asura

0 Likes

@peopoly “calculate the adjustment value. In this case, it is 61 + (62-61)/2 = 61.5”

what a complicated formula… its just the average no?..

0 Likes

Yes, just the average, as I’m aware. I haven’t seen an explanation as to why they calculated it that way, maybe their example and explanation is just bad or incomplete, but I also haven’t asked. Ultimately it’s unimportant as the average will get you close enough. I did have to do the calibration about four or five times to zoom in on the ideal values for my machine.

0 Likes