Cura 3.5 released and official Moai profiles

Cura 3.5 is out with the latest changes for Moai SLA printer. We highly recommend users upgrade for better print results and faster slicing. To find out more and get the latest profiles and instructions: http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:cura Big thanks to Cura team @Ultimaker and volunteers,

3 Likes

Just done :wink:

Can you confirm I need to update the Moai firmware settings to laser power 55 as stated on the profiles page and pasted below ?
( I was set to 57 , but not updated anything since 1.16)-
Ive just updated my Cura settings to Cura35-moai-100um, so not sure what is still current?

Cura files for Moai SLA printer

This is a repository for Moai specific Cura profiles.

Any questions, please contact support@peopoly.net

Latest version: 20171003 changing wall thickness from 0.8mm to 0.6mm

Special version:

Moai-100um laser 55 - 20171031.curaprofile - This prints at lower laser energy at 55. With print speed 50 mm/s and initial layer print speed at 4.5mm/s. For black resin or lower temperature environment, you may need to increase laser power if print is not sticking.

Moai-50um laser 55 - 20171031.curaprofile - This prints at lower laser energy at 55. With print speed 50 mm/s and initial layer print speed at 4.5mm/s. For black resin or lower temperature environment, you may need to increase laser power if print is not sticking.

0 Likes

if you updated to Cura 3.5, you only need the cura profiles that starts with “Cura35-”.

Ignore the two profiles with laser 55 for now.

1 Like

thanks-
It was more a question of what the recommended laser (and peel setting) is via the hardware - or it this relflected in the current moai firmware already?

0 Likes

Am I correct in understanding that the Moai changes have all been merged into the main Cura branch now, and I no longer need to keep a separate/old copy of Cura floating around? Great news if true!

1 Like

Latest firmware updated some of the settings http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:firmware

Yes, that is true.

2 Likes

To clarify, should we only be using the profiles labeled “Cura35” from now on? Assuming we have upgraded the firmware and to cure 3.5.

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

yes. we will mark profiles with Cura version in the front.

1 Like

HI All,
Not sure if this is of any use to anyone but Ive just found the new Cura crashed everytime I tried to load an .stl file into the software from the moai’s datacard.
Moving the file to desktop to load into Cura fixed the issue.

1 Like

Hi all. I have just updated to this version. I was using older 50um profile. I’m thinking that the new 60um is a similar profile?

Also

How accurate is the estimated time in this version? I’ve just got a reading of over 3 days for a print which seams a lot longer than normal. Cheers

0 Likes

simply put, ignore the time estimate.

1 Like

Thanks. How much % is it out by roughly? The older version was something like 30% difference from the actual printing time. I need to figure an estimate before I start a large print.

0 Likes

Cura 3.5.1 was released shortly after 3.5 indicating a significant bug. There are reports of affecting Curaengine performance on surface. no direct report for Moai yet but let’s play it safe and update to 3.5.1 asap if you are now on 3.5

Asura 2.0 will have 3.5.1 curaengine

0 Likes

How far away is Asura 2.0?
Does that mean an all in one software?
Yippee!

0 Likes

check back in 24 hr :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Any idea when Mac builds might show up?

1 Like

Could you make a 200μm profile?
I think that it is suitable for the test print use.

0 Likes