Control Screen goes Blank

Good day

I recently purchased a Moai through Matter Hackers. The build went well.

However, I have been unable to get through any test prints.

As soon as I load the gcode, select print the control screen goes blank and the print job never finishes

Has anyone seen this before? Any advice/insight would be appreciated

1 Like

Take a short video of the behavior and link to it here.

If you power cycle the printer does it act normally until you start another print?

Pull the SD card reader and look at the solder connections on the pins. Post a picture if you are not sure what to look for.

Contact Matter Hackers about this issue also.

0 Likes

Yes if I power cycle the Moai I can get back to the original screen

0 Likes

0 Likes

I have already replaced one SD card sent to me by Matter Hackers, this has been the behavior of the Moai since I received it.

It may be possible that the replacement SD card reader is also bad ( which is very disappointing)

0 Likes

Have you considered reinstalling the firmware?

Be sure to follow the update guide precisely and Format the SD card – a very important step.

0 Likes

can you post the video link?

in addition, unplug (slowly) the sd card reader from the main board and try again

0 Likes

Brian you are the second person to suggest reloading firmware. I guess that’s the next step

0 Likes

I’d love to upload the video I have but I keep getting rejected by the upload filter. I am trying to upload a .mov file format

As for the SD card I have done what you suggested several times

0 Likes

This white screen thing also happened to me two hours into the print - laser still running - Have opened a separate topic on it because I do not believe it is the SD card reader - That simply does not make sense. I have borrowed your image - Hope that is okay, my phone is misbehaving so could not get a picture. Hope you get it resolved!

0 Likes

As i said in another topic :stuck_out_tongue:

"If the SD card Board is fine you most likely need a new mainboard.

Mine did that, after a few hours the screen would turn blank, printer still worked fine and finished the print."

0 Likes