So I’ve slowly been making my through my list of issues and fixing them as I go. I’ve had issues with a layer shift from the start but it only effected prints above 70mm tall. Until recently I hadn’t printed anything that tall except for one thing but at the time I put it down to not enough supports.
Lately i’ve been trying larger prints and this is a consistent problem now.
This is the first time I’ve clearly seen it and it was obvious it wasn’t any other issue as the lighting clearly shows that layers are indeed shifted.
I wondered if peeling was an issue so I slowed the PM motor speed to 10 and increased the PM motor reset to 60.
Exactly the same result, in exactly the same place.
I suddenly realised today after making a post in Software about the Cura print bed being oriented incorrectly that my galvo control boards were likely wired up the wrong way around. I’ve switched the cables over and am trying another print right now. Hopefully I’ll have a new result tomorrow morning.
I’ve read a few other forum posts about similar issues and some found that a bad galvo board was the problem. I’m hoping that in switching the cables over that I see a shift in the direction of the layer shift itself, at least then I’ll know it’s the board.