Cleaning build plate?

Hi,
I have owned the Moai printer now for two weeks and I have just installed a heater. This has improved the quality of the prints heaps. Since installing the Peopoly heater I have been printing non-stop for more than 24 hours now. Heater and printer have been continuous. Also, I have not cleaned the build plate, just scrap of the model off and put the build plate back into the printer and start the next print. Is there any problems with running non-stop and should I clean the build plate? Its been going great so far.

0 Likes

No problem at all. I have never cleaned the build plate other than with the spatula. If you change resin then you should clean it with IPA.

Good luck with your printing streak!

0 Likes

as @Whazaa said, cleaning built plate is not necessary,as long as you are using the same resin.
if you are printing non-stop, it’s best to reset the machine after each print, just to avoid SD card problems

0 Likes

Thanks. It makes sense not to clean the buildplate. Also it seems to waste alot of resin washing the plate each time.

0 Likes

Invest in some silicone squeegees to recover the resin from the build plate. It saves resin and avoids ‘some’ of the resin-mess. They are also useful for stirring the resin in the vat.

0 Likes

i know that mixing different colours of standard moai resin works as wasting the dregs to me is worse than a failed print. it would be fun to see if i can get half black and half green print but the motion of the build plate mixes it well

0 Likes