Choose your own exposure: rogue printer

I’m having a weird thing with my new L right now… I started a file printing earlier with 12s exposures, let it go for about 10 min and walked back in to make sure i was hearing suction, and my printer was doing what i clocked as 3 second exposures…

I thought i might have made a mistake in the slicer. pulled the slicer back up, was still set to 12s. thought okay whatever, maybe the file corupted some how, and i exported again.

i cleaned out my vat and plate and lcd (somehow the plate had splashed resin out and under) and did a dry run w no plate and no vat using the new file. everything went normal 60s beds 12 s exposure as programmed.

I then put the plate and vat back in to do a real run with the 2nd tested indeed correct file and the printer started doing 5 sec exposures…

Any idea why the printer would be misreading exposure times, and switching up its decision on the same file?

running chituboxv 1.6.5.1, but it seems like its something with the printer.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your printing problem. The most effective way to provide you with the best answer is to get as much information as possible from you.
The information we need from you:

order number
Where you are
Machine serial number (at the switch position in the lower right corner of the device)
Question survey information This is a support survey and covers factors that affect all key factors. Some may be answered, while others seem to be irrelevant to the question at hand. Please answer as completely as possible:

You can download it as a Word file and put the answer in

thanks, i wont be able to trouble shoot until the screen is replaced… long story, i finally got some motivation to get back at the troubleshooting and in the few weeks out of service the screen had failed… upon removing the screen to try to re-install and try again it turned out that uncured resin made it through the tape and into the connectors and deconstructed parts of the board… (along with the fast exposures, there were also very fast lift and retract speeds which cause some big resin spills initially while first realizing the problems and while trying to trouble shoot).

so, it might be a while if L sized mono screens aren’t on the way anytime soon, i’m not trying to buy 2 screens in a year after a first failure at only about 40-60 hrs.