Can I import Cura profiles in to Asura?

Asura has the distortion correction, but Cura does not.

Cura has the ability to customize profiles, Asura does not.

Can I bring my Cura profile into Asura so that I can have the proper distortion correction?

Thanks!

0 Likes

export the file as STL, then jumping back and fort between the 2 won’t be a problem

0 Likes

Nooooo. That’s not really a solution to the question that was asked.

I asked this a while back, too, and also never got a satisfactory answer. In my case, for example, I wanted to slow down the laser speed in my profile, but still use Asura. There does not appear to be a method to do this in Asura. Is there a way to create a custom profile in Cura that has the desired setting, and then import it for use in Asura?

If the answer is yes: Please explain how it is done.
If the answer is no: please get on that, so that the answer can be yes.

2 Likes

It’s not the STL, it’s the gcode from Asura what I want in the end. I just want to be able to use the settings I’ve created in Cura to actually have a successful print. Asura’s profiles will not print my file with the resin I need, but it does fix the distortion issues.

0 Likes

I am hoping that this question doesn’t stop here…

It is really a very valid and important question as all the effort into distortion correction and calibrating the machine relies on Asura’s gcode.

0 Likes

Still hoping for a solid solution for this issue!!

0 Likes

making custom profiles from Cura to Asura is not possible at the moment, but we added it to our to do list, we will try to have that feature in future versions

2 Likes

Thank you for replying.

Do you have any solution suggestions for correcting distortion outside of asura?

0 Likes