Calibration settings in Asura 2.2.4

I assembled my Moai 130 about a month ago, and I’ve gone through a 500 ml bottom of resin printing a lot different things and having pretty good luck with it so far.

My question is about the calibration settings in the Export to gcode menu in Asura 2.2.4. The choices are “none”, “moai10-calib” and “moai200-calib”. What are these settings exactly? All I’ve been able to gather by searching around is that they have something to do with compensating for laser beam distortion, but nothing describing what the difference is between the two settings.

I’ve been printing mostly organic shapes–miniature figures–so I haven’t had a need for accurate dimensions (yet), but I’d like to know for future reference.

Thanks.

calibration settings in Asura is not for Moai, it’s to calibrate Asura to match Moai
so when you check for distortion with the Asura calibration cross, you are making sure the dimension in Asura matches that in Moai

“none” is easy to understand, no calibration. The others are presets. Although we always recommend to do your own calibration on Moai 130

I did some more searching and found that I was using the old version of the Asura User Guide. Navigating through the various documentation was a bit confusing, but I think I’ve got it figured out now. For anyone else who might have the same trouble, the Asura 2.2.4 User Guide is here.

In this guide the standard calibration presets are mentioned and a procedure for creating a custom calibration preset is provided. Here’s an excerpt from the guide:

" User can either select none, the included default profile moai100_calib or moai200_calibv2. *Adjustment is only effective when exporting to GCODE

For most users, this would be enough to reduce distortion at the edge to under less than 1%. "

@peopolysupport Is the moai100_calib preset intended for the Moai 130 and moai200_calib for the Moai 200? I know that you already stated that a custom calibration is recommended, but I just want to know what the two standard presets are supposed to be for.

Yes you are correct

i explained above, but if it’s not the answer you need, perhaps paraphrase would help me to understand better

That answered my question. Thanks.