*Beta updated on March 17th 2019

We are finally here, OSX folks.

Download Beta (only runs on Mojave)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vnGAsiNifG_WlKHC11Pv-97iIugnUea0

User guide for Asura:
http://wiki.peopoly.net/doku.php?id=moai:asura

Please help keep all the feedback here and bring any related thread here

Report bugs using this form.

We recommend not to print with resin in the initial runs to make sure laser scanning works. Make sure you remove build plate before the vat so resins do not drip into the mirrors.

Mac support for Asura still coming in January?

What about windows version?
Ah only OSX sorry. I’m excluded then :frowning:

Unable to rotate or move models. Unable to add manual supports under OSX 10.14.3. No panning view modifier key works under OSX.

There are also no calibration files included in the OSX beta that I can see or tell.

Similar initial feedback to previous post;

-App launches as a very small window
-Cannot rotate model view using mouse/touchpad or cube in top right hand corner
-Cannot seem to move generated holes
-Cannot offset model from platform
-Auto generation of support seems to generate the minimum needed (defaults to 5%),
-increasing the support density and re-generating reduces the number of supports
-Did not attempt manual support creation, as I could not rotate the model view.

Delete supports does not work either.

because there was never a OSX version before, we are making one for OSX users now

We are actively tracking this thread and will keep updating.

So far the installation works fine for most people? Function wise, we will keep fixing them

Install was seamless. It did however open in a tiny window on the first launch. This is similar with the windows version.

As I play around in the interface it seems like the code might not be optimized to operate fast enough. I see this when trying to remove supports. If I leave the mouse over a support to move and leave it there for a long time, it will eventually highlight the support. I have not looked at my process manager to see if there are CPU spikes.

I installed it.
(please get an apple certificate)
it opened in a tiny window as stated by Alexmit.
never saw any registration option, controls greyed out.
can’t navigate around, it’s non responsive on my 2013 15" MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.3
no app icon

– Update
got registration from going to Help > Register
all controls look to be greyed out still, yet I was able to load an STL.
interesting thing. on first opening of load screen it showed “All available Formats (*.stl)” selected but everything in the window was selectable till I opened the drop down and let it go again.
STL loaded
not sure how to navigate around in here still.
I got it to zoom, that is all. (I have never got pan to work even on windows)
I use the magic trackpads. (navigation in CitTuBox and Fusion 360 works great)

Similar issues to others. I can install and run but see no way to rotate file. The move cursor appears but no response.

I can pan and rotate using 3 button mouse so that’s a bonus.

Auto layout option greyed out

My two cents.

Please note some of these were mentioned above, I am re-confirming these discoveries.

Installing:
When opening the DMG you find the Asura 3d icon. There is nothing in the Finder window to state what to do with it.

My Feedback:
Add a link to the Applications folder with an arrow graphic, which indicates the user should drag and drop the Asura3D application to that folder.

Second to this, there is no logo for Asura3D

Example:

As mentioned above, please get an Apple certificate for this application. Otherwise users will be forced to deal with this

Note: not all users read thoroghly to understand they must go into the System Preferences / Security and Privacy to allow this application to be opened.

44%20PM

Opens as a small app window in the top left hand corner of the screen

Manually requested a registration code. The window states a code has been emailed to me yet your previous window asks that we export the registration code and email contact@peopoly.com to receive one.

I’ve done as instructed and emailed contact@peopoly.com requesting a code. (I’m expecting there are a lot of emails to go through so a code for me may take some time to receive).

I’ve experianced lag when rotating the build plain. I can do two different movements, Horzontal turns and vertical turns. It is very sluggish to respond / move.

I cannot move the build plain to any other part of the screen like I can in windows using the middle mouse button.

A drag and drop feature would be nice to import file vs always using the import button.

Clicking the Save button does nothing (may alos be because I do not have a model on the screen yet)

I cannot import a model to work with until I receive the registration code.

Buttons appear greyed out, even after registering

That is all the info I have for now until I receive my registration code to start working with objects.

Future feature request

• Mouse scrolling sensitivity

• Dark mode or light mode options

• Ability to choose which aspect of the computer hardware performs the 3d render
Options:
CPU
GPU
or combined

this may help with unexpected quitting of the application due to the overload of data processed individually through either.

I think the application is a great start and looks good too! Can’t wait to get my hands on the finished product! Thank you @peopoly!! <3

Computer specs

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

@peopoly Asura unexpectedly quit after importing an object. Error report emailed to contact@peopoly.com

Agree with what has been said. After registering, I was able to import a model, but can’t scroll around, move the model, etc. The buttons for alignment work, but you can’t change things with the movement cursor that shows up over the object. Can zoom, but no rotation of the point of view or moving the object.

Actually, after reading the above, I tried a 3 button mouse, and with that I can at least move the camera around. Previously I had been trying to use the trackpad of my MacBook Pro. The cursor that shows up when trying to move and rotate the model, however, still does not work.

I am using the latest version.

Bug report:

1. Unable to save the file as a STL once you add supports.

2. When you export gcode from the app the printer will not print the file properly. It’s as if it isn’t added the post processing flags that are necessary in Cura when running Mac OSX.

I got an immediate crash after copying and launching from the Applications folder.

Process: Asura3D [56662]
Path: /Applications/Asura3D.app/Contents/MacOS/Asura3D
Identifier: com.yourcompany.Asura3D
Version: 0
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Asura3D [56662]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-03-03 19:51:34.644 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 60B66ABA-1296-F680-F5FF-FBD4EA514688

Time Awake Since Boot: 330000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007ffee3274fd8
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x7ffee3274fd8:
MALLOC_SMALL 00007f9072000000-00007f9072800000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
–> STACK GUARD 00007ffedfa75000-00007ffee3275000 [ 56.0M] —/rwx SM=NUL stack guard for thread 0
Stack 00007ffee3275000-00007ffee3a75000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV thread 0

It would be nice to have a beta tester email notification list for Asura updates on both OSX and Windows. This would make it easier for users to track when updates are available and we would get links to download the latest software in our email inbox instead of having to search to find out what is available.
Just a thought… :slight_smile:

I don’t currently see any folder for Asura3D in the current user’s Library > Application Support folder? There should be an Asura3D folder in there with things like the Cura profiles? Unless you want to just make Asura3D use the Cura profiles directly from the Cura application support folder?

I do see prefrences in the Library > Prefrences folder.

I don’t mean to be the guy who says, “Really? I need to upgrade my computer because I can’t upgrade it to Mojave?” But I am.
The changes in Mojave have prevented a lot of people from performing the update.
it would be nice if it would at least do High Sierra.