Artifacts ruining prints

Hey there,

i have the problem with my Phenom printer, that there are always “chips” of cured resin stuck to my print, ruining the whole part. I print with the Peopoly Deft Resin in grey. The VAT FEP foil is brandnew.
I also got this before switching out. I assume this is caused by light not only curing the resin for the object, but also resin that is nearby. But the fact, that this is not on every layer and sometimes has a big gap between multiple chips, this cant be the only answer. Please help me!

Sorry to hear your printing issues. The most efficient way to provide you the best answer is to get as much information from you as possible. Here is the support survey that covers all the key factors affecting. Some may be answered while other may seem unrelated to issues at hand. Please do answer as complete as possible so we can provide best recommendation and even share some additional tips for you. The survey can be found here:

Hey, here are the requested information:

Basics:

What type of resin: Peopoly Deft Resin Grey

Firmware Verson:

Exposure Parameters: Unbenannt

Room temperature (it is best that resin temperature is above 20C for Deft resin: About 23-26°C

Hardware

Does the printer show rectangle on print screen with calibration function under Tool?

(Please take a picture of that rectangle, from top filming down so we can see the entire screen)

Printing

software used to generate support and export print files: I use prusaslicer for print orientation and support generation. I then use chitubox to slice and export.

The object is printed massively

Post-processing

Doesnt matter as the problem occurs during print

The printing exposure time is a bit too long. How long has your LCD screen been used? Please make sure that there is no residue of resin in the resin tank before each printing. Avoid UV light leakage around the LCD screen.

The screen has been used for about 4 months, the problem also occurs with new vat foil and shorter exposure times (i used 12.5 sec before). The black tape around the screen is still intact so there is no leakage of light.

The LCD screen begins to decline, you increase the exposure time, and there is light leakage. Need to replace the LCD screenZ(9V%5BWE8W3MW0KOFX%60%5BY3LL

If its really caused by the LCD Screen, i already got shipped a bad one, because this problem occurs eversince i got the printer. It only happens when printing large objects.

[quote=“PsPls, post:3, topic:5340”]
Deft Resin Grey
[/quote]The model printing time is too long, the resin in the resin tank has an accumulation process, and a small amount of light leakage causes the resin to slowly solidify. What version is your current firmware? You can update to the new firmware to see if it helps. The LCD screen is a consumable, and its service life is about 400 hours. If light decline occurs, it is recommended to replace it

1. Firmware.
    Latest F2.11 firmware has been tested and working well for many users. Here is the instruction:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jeMUR7WCTeFyqjiOd3JBpX50Mp7Jz5eZ5I6PVmnpkTA/edit?usp=sharing

2. Software
    Please stay with Chitubox 1.6.4.3 Beta as suggested by the Setup guide. The 1.6.5 is quite buggy and cause some printers to function incorrectly. We have not had it tested enough to recommend it.

Make sure you clear out Chitubox from any version before installing the intended on:

Here is how:
Chitubox often has leftover files from previous versions and sometimes it corrupts new versions. Factory reset does not always work. This is how you can get a clean Chitubox installation:

1 Uninstall ALL chitubox software on your computer
2 Delete all the leftover files in AppData\Local under user directory
There may be more than one directory and the name of the directory always start with chitu
3. install the chitubox version you want, we recommend Chitubox 1.6.4.3 Beta as it has built-in Phenom profiles and is less crash-prone with larger model files

After a month of good prints I’m now getting the SAME issue.
Stringing and other artifacts in my print.
Worse; when I poured in fresh resin on a freshly cleaned FEP and went to slice a model.
When I came back there was already some resin hardening in the bottom.
What the heck! The light shouldn’t even be on yet.
Yes, the door was closed and the printer is in the dark section of the room.
I WAS very happy with this printer and thinking of buying the XXL.
Now I’m questioning the original purchase and putting off any new ones until this is resolved.

MatterHackers doesn’t have the LCD screen and ordering it from Peopoly is $182/screen including shipping and the shipping is per screen no matter how many you order.
Combined with the wasted Deft resin (incidentally I’m OUT and MatterHackers is backordered!) I’m using that’s expensive.
I’m going to replace the FEP and see where I’m at.
If that doesn’t work…Does anyone need a slightly used Phenom L?

Sorry to hear your printing issues. The most efficient way to provide you the best answer is to get as much information from you as possible.
Information we need from you:

order number
where you are based
Issue survey info Here is the support survey that covers all the key factors affecting. Some may be answered while other may seem unrelated to issues at hand. Please do answer as complete as possible so we can provide best recommendation and even share some additional tips for you. The survey can be found here:

you can download it as word file and put your answers in

I replaced the printers LCD screen. (Didn’t check if problem got solved)
The manual and the sticker of the panels top side clearly say that the protective film should not be removed.
But inspecting the film makes me curious about that.

• The film has a sticker attached, which are normally used to help removing a protective film
  • The film has a little triangle that would block UV light
  • The film is slightly damage/has a particle underneath

All this makes me wonder if it wouldnt be better to remove it.

There is a protective film on the top of the panel. We recommend that you continue to use it. If you don’t want to remove the film, you can wipe it with alcohol. Minor scratches or small bubbles will not affect printing, so it is best to keep them.

This is the Phenom LCD guide, which discusses the panel and the film on the panel and how to properly clean it when needed:

If you decide to remove the film, run the leveling again:
This is a leveling guide, please pay special attention to the steps to check the gap: