Are Uv leds useful?

Hi,
Is the uv led bande SMD 3528 (Amazon) useful?
It doesn’t cure anything…
I tried to polymerize 1 drop of resin for gluing.
But even after 10 hours, it’s always same fluid…

Not all LEDs are made equal and UV LEDs are amongst the worst, it seems. You have to check the emission frequency of the LED to make sure that it is in the 395-405nm range. Also, cheaper LEDs can frequency shift as they heat up, which may squelch the UV band.

It sounds like your LEDs are not outputting in the correct frequencies. As an alternative, you can use direct sunlight to cure the resin. Submerging the object in water accelerates the process, but that won’t work for resin cementing.

Also, as with printing temperature matters, if your workspace is cold, then that may also affect things.

Thanks for your help.
Amazon says:
Spécifications:
Couleur: UV Violet
Modèle: SMD 3528-300LED-Non-étanche
Longueur d’onde: 395nm — 405nm

Where can I find a good one and how can I test it? How many minutes too polymerize some drop of resin?
Thank you

You can buy from the Peopoly store or find a similar light on eBay/Amazon. With a proper UV light a drop of resin cures in seconds.

This works for me:

http://a.co/d/2DE43Xi

thank you very much but i need Flexible Strip

I bought a UV nail curing lamp and disassembled it. Now it is part of my UV curing bucket. I cure my models in tap water.

I am guessing that the LEDs were made out-of-spec. Unfortunately, strip LEDs are cheap and there are a lot of unscrupulous resellers. Your best test is resin polymerization. If it doesn’t work, then it is likely not right.

it’s okay to buy other LED with 405nm wavelength, but if you submerge it in water it light should be placed perpendicular to the surface, other wise most of the light will just get reflected back

Can we add uv lights inside the printer in order to cure parts after print ? (without resin tank inside of course)

Not advisable or practical. The print needs cleaning to remove the excess resin and the preferred curing technique involved submerging the green print in water, which means you are putting wet items in a unit with unprotected electronics. Also, UV energy is terrible for wiring insulation and plastic, in general, so you may be damaging the printer itself. Finally, covering the inside of the printer with foil (which would be necessary for good exposure) will be a major pain and may effect print quality.

OK thank you for this information