I’m having an issue that so far is identical to the one in this thread: SD card reader issue
I was running a print that I expected to take around 26 hours last night. Approximately 3 hours into the print, the MOAI ended the print as if it had completed. The only indication something was amiss is that the display said it had printed only a small number of the total layers. Well, that and the partially printed part that was attached to the build plate.
Since then, I’ve only intermittently been able to get the MOAI to read an SD. The MOAI tends to “freeze up” or stop responding to user input when it is trying to read the SD. I tried formatting the included 16GB kingston SD card. I even performed a long format, checking for bad blocks. I also tried two different SD cards. One was a Sandisk Ultra 8GB, the other a Transcend 16GB. All were formatted Fat32.
I guess my next step is to remove and inspect the SD reader. Fortunately, I’ve got a nice trinocular 60x microscope arriving tomorrow from China that should make inspection rather simple… if I can force myself to wait an additional night before troubleshooting.