2650 Dollars spent on a Peopoly Moai without any result after 5 months

On October 3, 2019 I purchased a Moai Laser SLA Printer kit with FEP vat. After trying for 5 months I’m still not able to print the 10 cups I initially bought the printer for.

I asked for/got help from:

• · Peopoly via e-mail
  • · Peopoly via forum
  • · Users via forum
  • · My personal network of technicians

Unfortunatelly I still can not print the cups.

I have spent:

US 1400 - Printer

US 300 - Additional equipment

US 950 – Resin, FEB films, alcohol, etc.

US 2650 – total

Without any result.

@peopolysupport I had to agree on a final delivery date with my angry customer. We agreed on the delivery of 10 Christal clear transparent cups before March 21. He needs them for a TV show so delay is not acceptable any more.

I see a couple of solutions:

1. You print, sand, paint (clearcoat) and ship 10 cups to me (delivery March 21 at the latest).
    1. You take the printer back and refund the money (US 2650) so I can outsource the print job.
    1. You finally help me to fully solve the problem (so no suggestions or tips, only 100% solid solutions) before March 2 so I have a perfect print from my printer on March 3.

I’m also open to other solutions but we can’t go on like this. The printer and software have shown to be unreliable.

I hope you understand.

I don’t know the full issues you have with the printer but if you need something done fast for a client, especially crystal clear, you might be best off finding someone to print the cup for you and making a mould to cast the cups you need in a clear resin or finding a local shop to do that for you. You’ll probably end up with a nicer surface finish and more consistent results by making a mould of a polished master and casting in a decent clear resin.

Good luck with your printer issues.

Yes I agree but basically it would taken about 2 weeks to print 10 cups, so I had 4,5 months of extra time to find out how to do it. The printer, settings and materials seem to be great however something is wrong in Assura.

@peopolysupport Please respond.

I don’t think you have any legitimate claim to having Peopoly refund you anything. You should have already been experienced in printing before taking a client and you should have also known that the Moai is not a beginners printer. The Moai takes tinkering and adjusting to make it work it’s best and even then you have work to do. You should have bought a Form2 used if you wanted to get up and running fast. Demanding Peopoly refund you or give you absolute solutions is unreasonable especially at this late date in your project. You got much the same response on the Facebook group.

@KyleKane I’m a mechanical engineer and I was always capable of solving technical issues I faced. Basically it would taken about 2 weeks to print 10 cups, so I had 4,5 months of extra time to find out how to do it. The printer, settings and materials seem to be great however something is wrong in Assura. If Peopoly Support would have been more helpful I’m sure this would have been solved a long time ago.